Making complex data simple and compelling
From digital device to digital evidence
Unlock your vehicle's digital evidence potential
Forensic Analysis and Enhancement
Investigating and analyzing financial records
Gain access to the online accounts of deceased loved ones
Clear, precise evidence for a messy world
Expert reports to suit your specific needs
We can locate people anywhere
Stop worrying and learn the truth
Prevent, Detect, Respond To Cyberattacks
First response is crucial. Every minute counts.
The first response is critical to reduce liability
Detection & Removing Spyware Services
Reduce your electronic risk from digital transmittals
Find out who you are really talking to
Experienced, Confidential Services
Swift, professional incident response
Complicated cases require compelling digital facts
Find, recover and document digital evidence
Bring solid evidence before a judge
Cases can be investigated using Social Media
Divorce, custody battles, and other
Win the most important battle of your life
Everything you need
Effective Expert Witness in Court
Evidence shows who is telling the truth
Subpoena power yields strong evidence
Digital evidence can build a strong defense
Go to court with compelling digital evidence
Ashkan Hosseini described the ten technological injection processes: a technical overview of general and trend injection process methods. He provided screenshots for many of these methods to facilitate analysis of reverse design and malware, helping to identify and protect against these common methods.
1. One of the most common methods is the ‘CLASSICAL DLL-INJECTION THROUGH CREATEREMOTETHREAD AND LOADLIBRARY’.
2. ‘PORTABLE EXECUTABLE INJECTION (PE-INJECTION)’. This method is similar to other methods, such as reflexive DLL injection and a memory module, since they do not unload files onto the disk.
3. ‘TECHNOLOGICAL DETECTION (EXAMPLE, REPLACEMENT OF PROCESS AND RUNPE)’.
4. ‘CAPTURE OF PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION (AKA SUSPEND, INJECT AND RESUME (SIR))’. This method has some similarity with the previously considered excavation technology.
5. ‘HOOK INJECTION VIA SETWINDOWSHOOKEX’.
6. ‘INJECTION AND PRESERVATION BY REGISTRATION MODIFICATION (EXAMPLE, APPINIT_DLL, APPCERTDLLS, IFEO)’.
7. ‘INJECTION APC AND ATOMBOMBING’.
8. ‘IMPLEMENTATION OF THE ADDITIONAL MEMORY OF THE WINDOW (EWMI) THROUGH THE SETWINDOWLONG’. Like most other technologies mentioned above, malware must run the code that it wrote.
9. ‘INJECTION WITH USE OF GASKETS’.
10. ‘IAT HOOKING AND INLINE HOOKING (SO CALLED USERLAND RUTKITS)’.
Ashkan Hosseini examined methods that malware uses to hide its activity in another process. More information can be learned in his post. Defenders will never be “committed” in their mission to detect and prevent a hidden injection of the process, because opponents will never stop innovating.
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Speak to a Specialist Now
Get Help Now